INFORMATION FOR PROSPECTIVE AND NEW MEMBERS
Who are we
We are a friendly, mixed choir of about 25 voices. We don’t intend to get much bigger, but we do have vacancies from time to time. Based in Chesham, Buckinghamshire, we typically give 3 or 4 concerts a year, performing a wide range of mainly unaccompanied music, from all periods and across the world. We are a registered charity.
Where we meet
We meet at the White Hill Centre, Chesham, Buckinghamshire HP5 1AG. There is a car park at the Centre.
When we meet
We meet on Wednesday evenings, starting at 8pm and ending at 10pm. We have three terms a year, from September to July.
Admission is by audition. Before that we invite potential members to take part in 2 or 3 rehearsals. Our aim is to find singers who can enjoy working to the choir’s rehearsal methods, who have voices which will fit with the choral sound that we are aiming for, and who can fit in socially.
What is expected of members
We expect personal commitment to attend rehearsals and concerts and the ability and willingness to work privately on the music between rehearsals. We also expect members to make the following outlays:
- Choir subscription, which is currently £40 per term
- White Hill Centre subscription, which is currently £8 per year and £6 per year for over-60’s
- Occasional purchase of music for you to own: these can usually be bought through the choir at a discount
- Downloads and printing of some ‘public domain’ pieces (the remainder of the sheet music comes from the choir’s stock)
- Provision of basic concert uniform, namely dinner jackets for men and long black for women (bow ties and ladies’ jackets are provided by the choir).
For further information please contact:
Chair: Jane Featherstone-Witty
Tel: 01494 762232